2020 has been a historical year (not in a good way). With most of it spent in lockdown, it might be hard to believe that we have finally hit the 'ber months. At Synergy, that doesn't mean it's time to slow down. This month, we made changes to the workflow in the work breakdown and in invoices to better suit the way you do your work. Make sure you also take a peek at the preview of the team builder and the kanban boards.
Keep an eye out for changes to the work breakdown when you assign staff.
In planning mode:
- If you assign staff in the work breakdown, you will see them in the budget.
- Similarly, if you add them in the budget, you will also see them in the work breakdown.
In delivery mode:
- If you assign staff in the work breakdown, you will not see this reflected in the budget.
- Add or remove staff to your work breakdown whether or not you have a budget line against a task.
We have a new report called ‘Tasks Assigned’. Create a report and see the progress of tasks assigned to your staff.
- We added the project number to the project column to help you identify your projects with greater ease.
- Use the project manager's filter on the invoices page to allow you to see the projects managed by your PMs.
- We changed the default address when sending invoices. They will now default to the billing address when it is listed.
- Each office can now set up their own invoice template and use that as their default.
- If you use multiple invoice templates, the invoices page will remember the last invoice template you used.
Does your organisation make a lot of calls to the Synergy API? Keep track of how many you are making from the configuration page.
Preview: Kanban board
The Kanban board is all about having more visibility in the progress of your to-dos. In this preview mode you can:
- Track to-dos for a stage with more granularity.
- Move to-dos from across the workflow columns. Read more
- Send to-dos for review. Read more
- Create a to-do from the Kanban board. Read more
- Assign to-dos from the Kanban board. Read more
Preview: Team builder
Use the team builder to properly resource your job.