When you have SharePoint folder sync enabled, you can now use SharePoint to work collaboratively on project documents. You will then be notified in Synergy if there are any changes to the documents.
The typical workflow is:
- In your configuration settings, enable your SharePoint connection.
- Then when you upload any files or documents into Synergy, these will automatically sync into SharePoint.
- Anyone with access to these documents can make changes in SharePoint.
- If a document has been edited, you will be warned in your Synergy documents folder that a change has occurred.
- You can then upload the revisions from SharePoint into Synergy.
The following rules apply between Synergy and SharePoint
- Only documents/files are auto sync'd
- Folders created in SharePoint are never sync'd to synergy
- Files and folders deleted in Synergy remain in SharePoint
- Folders and subfolders created in Synergy don't get pushed to SharePoint until there is a file added or edited in that folder
- Files deleted in SharePoint remain in Synergy
To see new revisions:
Click on the ellipsis menu in Project menu > Documents.
Click “See new revisions”.
The dialog will show any documents uploaded into SharePoint that have with new revisions.
Tick any of the documents you want to sync back into Synergy.
At this point you can:
- Update the documents
- Update and send on a transmittal.
Note: You can use the toggle ‘Show unchanged documents’ to see all the other documents in SharePoint.
Please sign in to leave a comment.