You can connect Synergy to SharePoint in only a few steps:
1. Go to Organisation menu > Connect to storage
2. Navigate to the SharePoint tab.
3. Under ‘Configuration settings’ you will need to add your tenant id. You can find this from the Microsoft page and clicking on the ‘Properties page’ link.
- Your Sharepoint base path is your SharePoint URL without the HTTP://.
- You can connect to any pre-existing communication or team site. Read more https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/communication-site-vs-team-site/m-p/84148. You can also use root_site which will create a folder in the default site.
This will create a folder inside the documents folder. It will follow the same structure as the Synergy folder.
4. You will need to approve permissions to connect to SharePoint and then test it.
- When you create your next project everything is synched.
5. Lastly, slide the toggle on 'Enable connect, start integration'.
Note: If there is a prompt asking you to disable windows file server. You will need to do this before you can proceed. This means that you have the folder synchronisation enabled.
SharePoint security groups
It is essential that you add all six security groups and name them exactly as above.
To do this, they (the SharePoint admin or whoever has access to the Azure portal)
- Log into Azure Active Directory https://aad.portal.azure.com/
- Select the menu item ‘Groups’
- Add new
- For each of the 6 Synergy security groups: ensure the Group type = Security and that the Group name is as per the Synergy list
- Add your staff members into the groups as per their security access in Synergy. Eg John is a Project Manager in Synergy – he should be added as a member of the Synergy_Project_Manager security group.
- Once this is complete, click the ‘Test Groups’ button in Synergy to ensure that the security groups have all been set up correctly.
After setting up security groups you will need to wait around 5 minutes, then select 'test connectivity'.
Lastly, when you slide the toggle, you can choose from what created date you want to sync your projects from.