Group together similar types of revenue streams with tracking categories in Xero reports. In the Xero Connect use the settings tab to configure what type of Synergy data is mapped to each of the tracking categories in Xero. Tracking categories are used in Xero to show a revenue breakdown in reports such as the profit and loss report , account transactions report, and the tracking summary report.
Tracking category details can be sent from Synergy to Xero for invoices and credit notes. A maximum of two tracking categories can be setup in Xero, and the Connect settings area allows you map different types of Synergy data to each of the tracking category options. If tracking categories are not enabled in Xero then this panel in the settings area for connect will be blank. Learn more in the Xero help files about how to setup tracking categories: https://help.xero.com/au/Settings_Tracking
Step 1: Select a record type.
Select a Synergy record type option, and each of items available for that record type will be shown in the drop down list to map against the Xero tracking categories. Synergy record type options are:
- Project manager - The mapping option looks at the staff member is listed as the project manager for the project invoice being transferred by Connect. Each of the staff in Synergy that are 'Project Manager' access level or higher are shown in the Synergy value drop down for mapping.
- Stage manager - The mapping option checks the staff member is attached to the project stage in the work breakdown, and that stage is included on the project invoice that is being transferred by Connect. Each of the staff setup in Synergy are shown Synergy value drop down list for mapping.
- Contact account manager - This mapping option looks up the contact account manager that is entered against the invoice contact. This detail in entered on the contact details page, not in the invoice itself. Each of the staff setup in Synergy are shown Synergy value drop down list for mapping.
- Discipline - This mapping options checks the work breakdown stage for what discipline was entered, when that stage is included on the project invoice. Each of the Synergy discipline options that are 'active' are shown in the drop down list.
- Cost center - This mapping options checks the work breakdown stage for what cost center was entered, when that stage is included on the project invoice. Each of the Synergy cost center options that are 'active' are shown in the drop down list.
- None - Choose this when you don't want to sync any data to show with these tracking category options. This drop down will always then be blank on the invoices or credits notes created in Xero.
Step 2: Select the Synergy value.
Based on the record type selected the 'Synergy value' column is automatically populated. Select what Synergy data will be mapped to each of the Xero tracking category options. If one item is left blank, then no data will be sent with the invoice / credit note to that Xero tracking category option.
Below you can see that the record type of cost center has been applied, and that the Synergy value has been chosen for each regional tracking category option in the Xero company file.
Tip: Select the 'Synergy record type' of 'None' if you don't want to use Xero tracking categories.