Sync supplier and subcontractor bills entered in Synergy to Xero, to avoid having to enter the same data in both systems manually. Staff need to enter the bills in synergy when the expenses need to be on-charged on project invoices. The bills need to be entered in Xero so that the bill can be paid. Use the expense type account code option if you need to vary which bank account each type of expense is transferred to in Xero.
Click on any of the green text in the list to open additional pop-ups to see more details about the data that is about to be sent for the bill to Xero.
Contacts sent with the bill are matched based on the contact name and unique ID combination (card ID in Xero). If a match for these details is not found then the sync will look for a contact with the same name. If a contact with the same name exists, then it is updated with the contact details from Synergy such as unique id number. If the name and unique id are not found then a new contact record 'supplier' type is created in Xero.
Example of the data sent for each invoice / credit note
A bill has four lines entered in Synergy. In the Xero preview, in the bills group there is one line shown for the overall bill total values, and if you select the bill total value you can see the bill line details pop-up. The bill contact in Synergy is sent to Xero to be a 'supplier' type contact record.
Each of the bill lines are also mapped to include an inventory item in Xero, most commonly the expense type is used.
- Bill total values
- Bill line details and values
- Bill contact = Xero supplier contact
- Inventory item = Expense type
- View the bill line details - Click the green text on the bill number, or the total inc tax column to open this pop-up. See the bill line totals, the account code that each bill line is mapped to in Xero. This is based on your Connect settings, and also shows the Xero inventory item that will be applied to each line.
- Bill contact details - Click the green text for the contact name to open this pop-up. View the details for the bill contact that will be created or updated in Xero by this sync. New contact created show the action of add, and the new record is created in Xero by the sync. If the contact already exists in Xero with the contact name / unique id combination then the contact action will show update. This allows connect to update the address and phone number details into Xero, when you have updated those details in Synergy.
- Error details - Click the green text 'Error detail' to open this pop-up. Here you can see the details of each error message that is showing for that bill, these errors must be resolved before the sync can be run. Click the '...' actions button to edit the details in Synergy that relate to the warning that is shown. Learn more about Xero Connect errors and how to resolve them.