Add a custom project number
- Go to: Settings > Organization > Project numbers.
- Click on the Add button in the top right.
- Type the letter or numbers required as the prefix. i.e. AUS for Australia, or UK for United Kingdom.
- In the number format field type either:
- # - automatically number the project without the 0's padding shown. e.g. AUS1 instead of AUS0001.
- 0's - Type the number of digits required in the project number counter. e.g. 0000 will create a four digit project number counter.
- Type the 'start from' value. This field defaults to start from 1, if you already have existing projects set this to start from the next number in the sequence. e.g. 74 would create AUS0074 on the above example.
- In the default invoice number field, the invoice number selected will be used for all projects. If the project numbering format associated with the staff record has an invoice numbering format, new invoices will use this format. If not, it will use the head office default.
Tip: Do not add special characters to your project prefix such as /\:*?<>| as special characters can cause issues with saving data in other third party software packages. i.e. Microsoft or Mac file names don't allow these characters, and most accounting systems don't allow special characters in their job / inventory item numbers.