The cost center list shows the following columns:
- Code Enter a short code to be used to describe the cost center. This will be used by Accounting add-ons when exporting data to the accounting system. The code must be unique.
- Name Enter a long name or description for the cost center. This name can bee seen in drop-down lists when assigning cost centers to project stages, on reports, and exported to the accounting system using Accounting add-ons. The name must be unique.
- Account Code Cost centers can be used to map where the invoice or expense data is transferred to in the accounting system. For example link the invoices to be sent to account code 200 in Xero, or account code 4-1200 in MYOB AccountRight Live. This is an optional field.
- Default The cost center which will be applied to new project stages when added by default.
- Active If checked the cost center is active and will be available in drop-down lists. Uncheck the active box to stop the cost center from being used in the future on project stages. Marking a cost center as 'inactive' will not remove it from any existing project stage