The cost centre list shows the following columns:
- Code Enter a shortcode to be used to describe the cost centre. This will be used by Accounting add-ons when exporting data to the accounting system. The code must be unique.
- Name Enter a long name or description of the cost centre. This name can bee seen in drop-down lists when assigning cost centres to project stages, on reports, and exported to the accounting system using Accounting add-ons. The name must be unique.
- Account Code Cost centres can be used to map where the invoice or expense data is transferred to in the accounting system. For example, link the invoices to be sent to account code 200 in Xero or account code 4-1200 in MYOB AccountRight Live. This is an optional field.
- Default The cost centre which will be applied to new project stages when added by default.
- Active If checked the cost centre is active and will be available in drop-down lists. Uncheck the Active box to stop the cost centre from being used in the future on project stages. Marking a cost centre as 'inactive' will not remove it from any existing project stage