Marking a cost center as inactive will render it unusable in the future, and this action will also remove it from any drop-down lists. When a cost center has been used on a project stage it cannot be deleted.
To change a cost center to inactive:
- Go to: Settings > Project lists > Cost centers , and use one of the following methods.
- Single row - Click the row action button , and select 'edit'. Uncheck the 'active' box, and then save and close.
- Multi row - In the list check the box(es) on the left of the name column, and then click the multi rows action button . Choose 'set as not active' option.
- The list refreshes and only the active items remain in the list.
- Use the list filter 'all' to find both active and inactive cost centers.
- A strike-out style is applied to rows that are inactive.