Install the Synergy Outlook add-in for each staff members to save and file emails to Synergy project folders. Login to Synergy via the Synergy explorer panel in Outlook to enable the add-in features.
What is the Outlook add-in?
Install the Synergy add-in from the Microsoft Outlook store, to use the add-in to save emails and attachments to Synergy project folders. The Outlook add-in works with Microsoft Office 365, which support Outlook 2013 and higher on PC and Mac desktops, and in the web browser view of Outlook for a desktop width.
Outlook add-in overview
- Pin the pane in outlook to appear alongside your email message, to make it easier to use to file the next email.
- Stop duplication of emails by keeping the email conversations string stored together in Synergy as a thread.
- Each email reply to a thread is stored as a new version against the original email saved in Synergy.
- Email threads are created based on the email subject lines, ensuring that all replies are kept in the same thread group within that project.
- The email filing location (project folder) is automatically found when a Synergy project name or number is in the email subject line or email body.
- The subject line is used as the file name for the email created in Synergy.
- An indicator is added to each message in Outlook, so you know which messages have already been saved to Synergy.
- The Outlook add-in for Synergy will not be shown in mobile or tablet modes for the Outlook web browser.
- The Synergy add-in can be used by any users who are staff members in a Synergy organization to save files to project folders.
- Portal access only Synergy users cannot use the Outlook add-in to save file to portals.
Why use the Outlook add-in?
Save emails and attachments to Synergy, so they can be viewed by the internal project team.