Using the Outlook add-in
Save an email to the Synergy project folders by
- Click the 'Synergy' button in the outlook ribbon to open the Outlook add-in.
- Select a message or preview the message that you want to file to Synergy.
- Click the 'Login to Synergy' button, and type your username and password.
- In the add-in panel select the following details:
- Organization name Shown only if you are a staff member in multiple organization. Choose which organization the project is in that you are saving the email against.
- Project name Type part of a project name or number to find it in the list, or select the project from the list.
- Folder name (Optional) Change the folder from the default email in / out folder, to save the email to a different location in this project.
- Include attachments This defaults to saving the attachments to Synergy with the email. Uncheck this box if you do not want all the email attachments to be saved with this message into the project folder.
- Select the 'File in Synergy' button.
- The email has been saved to the Synergy project folder. An indicator is shown on the email message to show it has filed within Outlook.
- Next repeat the above steps to save any additional emails to the project folder.
Tip: Pin the Outlook panel to remain open, by clicking the pin button in the top right corner of the Outlook add-in for Synergy. Then you can toggle through the emails shown in the preview panel for Outlook and keep the Synergy add-in open to easily save multiple emails to the same project folder.