Generate a fee proposal document
- Open the project.
- Go to the documents tab of the project.
- Click the page actions button and select the 'create proposal document' option.
- The 'primary project contact' is selected by default in the address fields for the proposal.
If this is not the correct contact, then update proposal address by:
- To - The company or individual contact that the document will be addressed TO.
- Attention - The personnel or individual contact who the proposal should be shown in the 'attention to' bookmark in the proposal template.
- Address - Select which address to send the proposal letter to when sending by post.
- Dear - Which personnel or individual contact will be shown in the 'dear' bookmark in the proposal template.
- Select which 'word template' to use to create the proposal document.
- (Optional) Update the 'document name' to alter the file name that will be created for this proposal document.
- Use the 'stages table' to select which section of the project will appear on the proposal for the client.
- Select the box next to each stage to include on the proposal.
- (Optional) Check the box for each stage that you want to 'include budget' details for on the proposal document. *Budgets are only available in the Synergy Business and Enterprise products.
- Click the 'generate' fee proposal button.
- A orange banner is shown at the top of the page to show that the document is being created. Once the file exists it is shown in the 'document' panel at the top of the page. Click the document name shown in green / teal color to download the proposal document.
- Click 'cancel' to return to the document list.
- The created proposal document is by default saved to the folder named '01 Proposal' in the project folder structure.
- (Optional) Update the proposal document if required.
- (Optional) Upload the updated file version of the proposal document, and share the file with the client using the Synergy project portal or via email.
Tip: Click the actions button to use the options to select all stages, or select all budgets, to control what is shown on the proposal document.