An individual contact is a person that doesn't work for any of your clients, and is not a company which employees staff. e.g. Mr & Mrs Smith who have requested a quote on alternations for their house would be an individual type contact. Create an individual contact record to store their details phone and address details to use this information in projects, reports and document templates.
For each individual contact a matching personnel record is automatically created, which has the same details added to the Personnel record from the Individual Contact. This allows the details to be shown on both contact or personnel level reports. Extra personnel can be added to an individual type contact if required.
- Go to: Contacts
- Click the Add button and select 'individual'.
- Select a title (e.g. Mr, Mrs, Miss) and then type the person's first and last name.
- Select the 'roles' this person will complete on your projects. e.g. prospect, consultant, client.
- Add any other known details about the individual - postal or street address, phone numbers, email addresses, or social accounts.
- Add a 'unique id' if you are using Accounting add-ons and this is an invoice contact.
- Add an 'account manager' if this is a prospect or client, to track which of your staff members will manage this client relationship.
- Click the 'Save' button .
Tip: Learn more about the contact details shown on each of the contact tabs.