When creating an invoice the invoice document is automatically created each time:
- A draft invoice is saved
- An invoice is finalized
The invoice document is created using the 'default' template for invoices setup by your Synergy System Administrator in the document templates setup area. After finalizing the invoice document a PDF version is created for each invoice version uploaded. The Word DOCX file and the PDF files are automatically saved in the Project > Invoices folder.
After the invoice has been created you can optionally chose to customize the contents by:
- Download the invoice DOCX file
- Edit the DOCX file as required
- Upload the updated DOCX file to create a new file version
- Reset the layout back to the default contents (removing any customizations)
- Switch the document template used for creating the invoice document*
(* This feature is available in Synergy Business and Enterprise products only.)
Tip: Previous invoice versions are available to download. This lets you compare the contents that were changed between each of the invoice file versions if required.