This feature is available with the Synergy Business or Enterprise products.*
If you have multiple invoice layouts setup in Synergy, then you can use this option to change this invoice document to be created by a different layout. The invoice documents are always created using the 'default' invoice template option, but this can be adjusted after the invoice has been created.
Change the invoice document to use a different document template layout by:
- Open the Project > Invoices tab.
- Open the invoice row for which you want to change the invoice document.
- Click the more options button in the invoice preview panel, and select the 'switch layout' option.
- A card is shown for each invoice template option available, with a description of the template and an image preview.
- Click the card for the template you want to use.
- The document is updated to use the new document template.
Tip: Use the 'versions' option to find any previously created invoice versions.
Versions - view previous invoice versions
A new invoice version is created each time:
- A draft invoice is created or edited
- An invoice is finalized
- The finalized invoice has the date or number modified
- A new DOCX file version is uploaded
Find the existing file versions for the invoice by:
- Open the project > invoices tab
- Click to open the invoice row which you want to check the document versions against.
- Click the more options button in the invoice preview panel.
- Select the 'versions' option in this list to see a drop-down list showing all of the invoice file versions available. The version number created date, upload DOCX comment, and created by details are all shown in this drop-down list.
Tip: Document versions can also be seen in the project > documents tab. Click on the file in the list to open it and see a list of the alternate file versions.