The downloaded Word DOCX file can be edited to include extra content, or adjust the headers and footers. After you have added the extra content into the Word document you can upload the file back to Synergy to create a new file version.
Create a new invoice file version by uploading the DOCX file by:
- Go to Project > invoices tab.
- Open the invoice for which you want to update the invoice DOCX file.
- Click the more options button in the invoice preview image panel, and select 'upload docx'.
- Click the 'choose file' button in the attach file box, and browse to the folder location of the DOCX file.
- Select the file in the list and choose to 'open' the file to add it to the upload window.
- (Optional) Type a comment to explain the reason for the updated file version.
- Click the 'upload new version' button.
- The invoice document page is shown and the invoice image thumbnail is automatically updated to match the updated document.
- The upload process will warn you any document template bookmarks have been deleted. This gives you the opportunity to cancel and go back to the document to check the Synergy bookmarks, or re-download the DOCX file an re-apply the changes without removing the required bookmarks.
- Use the 'reset layout' option if you have updated the original invoice by mistake, and want to go back to the default invoice layout created by Synergy.