Invoices that are still in 'draft' status or invoices that have been 'canceled' can be deleted if required by the System Administrator. When a canceled invoice is deleted, the linked cancel credit note is also deleted. Finalized invoices or credit notes cannot be deleted.
It can be useful to use this feature if you had to cancel an invoice that was created in error. You can then delete the invoice and linked cancel credit, and the invoice number can be re-used on the next invoice if required.
Delete an invoice by:
- Open the project > invoices tab.
- Check the box next to each invoice your want to delete.
- Select the multi update action button in the bottom left corner, and choose the 'delete' option.
- On the confirmation pop-up click the 'delete' button.
- The list refreshes and the invoice has been deleted.
Tip: Invoices that are deleted are tracked in the project audit.