Use this option on either an invoice or a credit note document. Modify either the invoice / credit note number, or the date of the invoice / credit note document.
Modify the invoice or credit note by:
- Open the project > invoices tab and locate the invoice or credit note you want to update.
- Click the row action button and choose the 'modify' option.
- Update on of the following details:
- Prefix - the current prefix applied is shown. Select an alternate prefix from the list if required.
- Number - the current number applied is shown. Type in a new number, or click the refresh button to select the next available number in the sequence for the prefix. Numbers are unique for the prefix selected, which means the same number and cannot be used on multiple entries for the same prefix.
- Date - the date currently applied to the invoice or credit note document is shown. Select an alternate date from the calendar if required.
- Save. The invoice list is refreshed showing the updated invoice or credit note document.
Tip: The number assigned to the invoice or credit note is unique. You can only apply a different number that has not been used on another invoice / credit.
Please sign in to leave a comment.