Switch the credit note layout
*This feature is available with the Synergy Business or Enterprise products.*
If you have multiple credit note layouts setup in Synergy, then you can use this option to change this document to be created by a different layout. The credit notes are always created using the 'default' credit note template option, but this can be adjusted after to use a different layout if required.
Change the credit note to use a different document template layout by:
- Open the Project > Invoices tab.
- Open the credit note row for which you want to change the credit note document.
- Click the more options button in the credit note preview panel, and select the 'switch layout' option.
- A card is shown for each invoice template option available, with a description of the template and an image preview.
- Click the card for the template you want to use.
- The document is updated to use the new document template.
Tip: Use the 'versions' option to find any previously created credit note versions.
Versions - view previous credit note versions
A new credit note version is created each time:
- A draft credit note is created or edited
- A credit note is finalized
- The finalized credit note has the date or number modified
- A new DOCX file version is uploaded
Find the existing file versions for the credit note by:
- Open the project > invoices tab.
- Click to open the credit note row which you want to check the document versions against.
- Click the more options button in the credit note preview panel.
- Select the 'versions' option in this list to see a drop down list showing all of the credit note versions available. The version number, created date, upload DOCX comment, and created by details are all shown in this drop down list.
Tip: Document versions can also be seen in the project > documents tab. Click on the file in the list to open it and see a list of the alternate file versions.