Send out the invoice document to the client using the share or email options. The share option will send the client an email letting them know they can download the invoice from the project portal. The email option will send the invoice to the client as a PDF attachment. Both the share and email PDF options can be used at the same time if required.
Share the invoice document by:
- Open the project > invoices tab.
- Select the invoice row to open it and view the details.
- Click the 'share' button in the top right corner.
- The sharing window is shown, and the invoice attention to contact is shown by default. Update how the invoice will be sent to this contact by:
- Portal - Check the 'share' box to have this invoice show in the portal. Select the portal access level from the drop down list. Recommended to leave this option checked to allow the invoice contact to see the invoice in the project portal.
- Email PDF - This option defaults to none, which means the invoice is not sent as an attachment. Select one of the email options to send the file as an attachment: To, Cc, or Bcc.
- (Optional) Share the invoice with more project contacts. Click into the 'contact' field and select a project contact from the list. Then for each extra contact added choose if the invoice will be shared to the portal, emailed as a PDF, or both.
Tip: The invoice can only be seen in the portal by external contacts that you 'shared' the file with.