Use the undo credit note option if you created a discount credit note or a write-off credit note by mistake. You can not use this option for a canceled invoice, or for credit notes created using the 'return transactions to WIP' method.
To undo the credit note:
- Open the project > invoices tab.
- Click to open the credit note entry that you want to reverse / undo.
- Select the page actions button and choose the 'reverse credit note' option.
- (Optional) Type a reason for the credit note reversal.
- (Optional) Select an alternate credit note prefix, and assign a credit note number.
- (Optional) The reversal credit note defaults to use today's date. Select the date for the credit note. Use the options above the date field to set it to be today's date or the invoice date. You can also select a date from the drop down calendar by clicking into the date field.
Tip: There is no undo for a credit note reversal, so be sure that this is what is required before you save this change.
Print the credit note document.
Each time a credit note is created a document is also automatically generated. The document is built using the default credit note template setup by your System Administrator.
Learn more about the options for creating and sharing credit note documents.