Send out the credit note document to the client using the share or email options. The share option will send the client an email letting them know they can download the credit note from the project portal. The email option will send the credit note to the client as a PDF attachment. Both the share and email PDF options can be used at the same time if required.
Share the credit note document by:
- Open the project > invoices tab.
- Select the credit note row to open it and view the details.
- Click the 'share' button in the top right corner.
- The sharing window is shown, and the credit note 'attention to' contact is shown by default. Update how the credit note will be sent to this contact by:
- Portal - Check the 'share' box to have this credit note show in the portal. Select the portal access level from the drop down list. Recommended to leave this option checked to allow the contact to see the credit note in the project portal.
- Email PDF - This option defaults to none, which means the credit note is not sent as an attachment. Select one of the email options to send the file as an attachment: To, Cc, or Bcc.
- (Optional) Share the credit note with more project contacts. Click into the 'contact' field and select a project contact from the list. Then for each extra contact added choose if the credit note will be shared to the portal, emailed as a PDF, or both.
Tip: The credit note can only be seen in the portal by external contacts that you 'shared' the file with.