Creating a credit note document overview
When creating a credit note the document is automatically created each time:
- A draft credit is saved
- A credit note is finalized
The credit note document is created using the 'default' template for credit notes setup by your Synergy System Administrator in the document templates setup area. After finalizing the credit note a PDF version is created for each credit note version uploaded. The WordDOCX file and the PDF files are automatically saved in the Project > Invoices folder.
After the credit note has been created you can optionally chose to customize the contents by:
- Download the credit note DOCX file
- Edit the DOCX file as required
- Upload the updated DOCX file to create a new file version
- Reset the layout back to the default contents (removing any customizations)
- Switch the document template used for creating the credit note document*
(* This feature is available in Synergy Business and Enterprise products only.)
Tip: Previous credit note versions are kept and available to download. This lets you compare the contents that were changed between each of the credit note file versions if required.