When changing any project or stage to a status of Complete or Unsuccessful a confirmation message is shown that will advise the value the transactions to be written off by this status change. This is to prompt the user to be sure that they want to proceed with this change, and have the opportunity to check they want to stop these transactions from being invoiced.
Tip: Timesheets at 'pending approval' status are automatically written off when the sub project is changed to complete or unsuccessful status. A warning message is shown prior to this occurring.
Change a stage to be complete by:
- Open the project.
- Select the status button in the project read only view.
- Select the stage(s) that you want to update in the list.
- Choose the status of 'Complete'.
- The WIP value column is there to let you to check if any WIP transactions will be written-off by this action.
- If transactions are to be written off then:
- Select the 'write off reason code' from the list.
- Type a write off note.
- Save & Close.
If transactions have been written off during the change of status to complete or unsuccessful, the transactions will not be restored automatically if you now set the status back to Proposal or Active. The transactions will need to be manually restored using the 'undo WIP write-off' feature.