When you open the project to the read only view the current project level status is shown. If you have project manager access level or higher then change the project status by:
A new project has been created and given the status of Proposal. All stages that are then attached to this project will also take on the status of proposal.
The project has now been is won, and the project status needs to be changed to active. All the stages also need to be set to 'active' status.
- Edit the project status by:
- Click the status edit button on the read only view.
- Click the 'edit' button in the top right corner of the read only view and then click the 'change status' button .
- Check the box next to the 'project level' row. This automatically selects all the linked phases and stages.
- (Optional) Uncheck any of the box(es) for stages that you want to exclude from the statue change.
- Select the new 'status' option of 'active'.
- Setup custom status options to be applied in this feature.
- When you use the 'stage status' button the stage you had highlighted is selected by default.
- If you use the 'project status' button, then no stages are automatically selected in the list.
- If you forget to check any of the items in the status change pop-up then a warning message is shown as a friendly reminder.
- Proposal status options each have a likelihood percentage shown, to reflect the chance of winning the work. The likelihood is used in the project forecast reports. Update these percentage values in Settings > Project Lists > Status for each of the proposal status options.
- Simple work breakdown projects only have a project status to update.
- Convert to a full work breakdown structure to be able to update the status for each stage of the project.