Add a new project
Click the 'add' button in the top right corner to start creating a new project. Read a process overview of how to create a new proposal project in Synergy.
Basic steps to create a new project are:
- Go to: Project List.
- Click the 'add' button in the top right corner.
- Type a project 'name' to describe the project works.
- (Optional) Choose the 'project type' to describe the portfolio type for the project.
- (Optional) Type a scope of works to describe what tasks are to be completed or quoted on for the entire project.
- Enter the project 'fee' value. This is the total value that will appear on the proposal or invoice for this new project.
- (Optional) The project manager will default to the logged in user. If you are not the 'manager' of the project then click the 'X' next to your name and select an alternate staff member from the list. Only people with project manager access level or higher can be set as a 'manager' of a project.
- (Optional) Choose who the primary contact is for the project. They will be sent proposal or invoice documents by default.
- (Optional) Enter the project site address to display on project documents.
- Projects can only be created by users with Project Manager access level or higher.
- Create non-billable projects to track internal office tasks without having to setup any project fees.