Use the work breakdown tab to plan out what tasks need to be completed for this project, and assign staff to complete the tasks. Multiple staff can be assigned to complete a task if required, and each task can have a target due date set.
Add tasks to the work breakdown by:
- Go to: Project > work breakdown tab.
- Click into the 'new task name' field next to the green plus symbol and type the task name.
- (Optional) Select which staff member will be completing this work. Multiple staff can be assigned to a task.
- (Optional) Select the date the task is due to be completed by from the calendar.
- Repeat for each additional task required to be completed for this project.
Tasks are used by your staff when they are entering timesheets. The tasks entered in the project work breakdown tab are known as 'custom tasks'. The staff can also use the standard project tasks when entering their timesheets, which are the generic list of project tasks available for all projects. If you want your project team to only use the custom tasks defined on the work breakdown tab, then uncheck the 'allow the standard tasks on timesheets' box at the end of the work breakdown task list, and save.