Add a new contact to the project
When the contact you are looking for does not appear in the drop down list, you can create a new contact record from within the add a project contact pop-up window. Follow these steps:
- Click the 'add' button in the top right.
- Click into the contact drop down list and:
- Desktop PC - With the drop down open press 'Ctrl A' on your keyboard.
- Laptop or mobile - Type part of the contact name that doesn't exist and the text 'add [ctrl +a] is shown in green. Click this green text.
- Choose which type of contact you are creating from the options
- Company - Type the company name and add the details for any of the other optional fields as needed. Save.
- Individual - Type the individual first and last name and add the details for any of the other optional fields as needed. Save.
- Personnel - Type the first and last name of the person, then choose which company they work for, and add the details for any of the other optional fields as needed. Save.
- The new contact is created with the tag 'quick add' applied. You can later search for all the contacts with this tag applied and update the contact record to have all the required details like email and postal addresses and phone numbers.
Tip: If you create a new company contact you can use the default personnel record 'The Manager' as the project contact. Edit the contact later to add the personnel that work for that company later when you have all the details.