Why should I use the folder sync?
Synergy stores project folders on the cloud. When you activate the on-premises folder synchronisation option and configure it, it will run every five minutes (or what ever time you set) and check for new project folders created on the cloud and automatically create those on your local server.
This option is available to Synergy Business and Synergy Enterprise.
What happens when I enable the folder sync?
When you create a new project, it creates a folder in Project menu > Documents > Document library in the cloud. The folders are then automatically created on your on-premises file server.
- The file sync is not applicable to staff folders or contact folders.
- All new project folders will be synced to your server local drive.
There is an additional setting 'Enable syncing different office directories to different servers'.
When ticked, each of the project directories will go to a specific queue per office - and a per office file sync on premise process downloads them.
When left unticked, each of the project directories will go to the same queue for all the offices - and the same file sync on premise process download them.
How to install FileSync.exe
The Synergy File Sync component should be installed by your IT team on your file server. This is the server which contains your shared drive being used by all of your users to store project documents on-premise.
- Download the folder sync application from the link - https://synergy5sandboxhelp.blob.core.windows.net/sharedfiles/Total%20Synergy%20File%20Sync.msi
- Run the downloaded Total Synergy File Sync.msi file.
- Click “More info” and then “Run anyway”.
- Click “Next” to continue.
- Choose “Everyone” and click “Next”.
- Click “Next" to start the Installation and then “Close” when it finishes.
How to setup FileSync.exe
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Total Synergy Cloud\Total Synergy File Sync or the folder which you selected for the FileSync.exe installation
- Run FileSync.exe manually as an administrator
- Go to C:\Users\%yourUser%\AppData\Roaming\SynergyFileSync
- Open and setup the configuration.json file.
- ApiURL: "https://app.totalsynergy.com"
- LocalPath: Where you want project folder structure (e.g: C:\\ProjectsFolders)
- Slug: Your unique organisation code (part of the url in Synergy)
- Accesstoken: On Synergy app, go to Edit Profile -> Api Key and copy your Personal API Key. The API key needs to be taken from a profile with system administrator access.
- Add a schedule task to run FileSync.exe every 5 minutes.
How to enable on-premises folder synchronisation
- Go to Organisation menu > Connect to Storage
- Choose Windows File Server and follow the prompts to enable and choose the file name method