You can add a milestone from the Gantt chart. Adding a milestone follows the same flow as adding a task. You cannot rename the milestone from the Schedule page. If you need to rename it, do this from the work breakdown.
- Expand the stage under which you want to add a milestone.
- Hover over the stage name and click on theicon to add the milestone. The new field defaults to a task.
- Click on the icon to change it to the milestone icon. Hover over the icon to see a tooltip.
- Type the name of the milestone in the field and click out of the field to save it. If you press enter, it will add a new task below the current line.
- Any changes you make will not be saved, if you leave the milestone field blank and click out.