The Synergy File Sync component should be installed by your IT team on your file server. This is the server which contains your shared drive being used by all of your users to store project documents on-prem.
- Download the folder sync application from the link - https://synergy5sandboxhelp.blob.core.windows.net/sharedfiles/Total%20Synergy%20File%20Sync.msi.
- Run the downloaded Total Synergy File Sync.msi file.
- Click “More info” and then “Run anyway”.
- Click “Next” to continue.
- Choose “Everyone” and click “Next”.
- Click “Next" to start the Installation and then “Close” when it finishes.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Total Synergy Cloud\Total Synergy File Sync or the folder which you selected for the FileSync.exe installation
- Run the FileSync.exe manually, as an administrator (right-click)
- Go to C:\Users\%yourUser%\AppData\Roaming\SynergyFileSync
- Open and setup the configuration.json file.
- ApiURL: "https://app.totalsynergy.com" *
- LocalPath: Where you want project folder structure (e.g: C:\\ProjectsFolders) **
- Slug: It is your Unique Organisation Code (part of the url)
- Accesstoken: On Synergy app, go to Edit Profile -> Api Key and copy your Personal (3 year) API Key. The key needs to be taken from a profile with system administrator access.
- Office: if the value is empty (“”), it will take the default office. If not, the organisation needs to set the office that it would like to sync.
- Add a scheduled task to run FileSync.exe every 5 minutes.
* Note the https
** Use \\ instead of \ for all of the path