In the Project > Plan > Schedule page, you can adjust the start and/or end dates for any task that is not marked as completed or unsuccessful in two ways.
- Drag either end of the row to the desired date
- Click and move the entire row to a new date period.
When you adjust the dates for a task in planning mode, Synergy’s elastic planning means:
- If affected, the project will adjust to reflect the new task date.
- If affected, the parent phase will adjust to reflect the new task date.
- If affected, the parent stage will adjust to reflect the new task date.
When you adjust the dates for a task in delivery mode, the elastic feature is disabled. This means the parent projects, phase and stage do not change when you drag the ends of the task row.
If you try to move the project, phase or stage of a completed or unsuccessful task, nothing will happen to the task. You are also unable to adjust the dates of the task. This rule applies in both delivery and planning modes.