1. In the timesheet entry you want to update, click the row action button and select the 'edit details' option. Hover over the row to see the action button.
- This unlocks all the fields on the timesheet row. Update as required.
- Save the timesheet once all required changes have been made.
Transaction status options that allow edit
|Status option||Edit allowed||Notes|
|WIP||Yes||Transactions default to WIP status when created.|
|Invoiced||No||Transactions linked to a draft or finalized invoice cannot be edited in staff timesheets.|
|Written-off (no billing fee type stages)||Yes||Transactions are automatically written-off when entered for a no-billing fee type stage. Edit is allowed for this type of write-off.|
|Written-off (billable stage fee types)||No||Transactions are written-off by the project manager in the project > transactions tab. This type of write-off does not allow any further edits of the timesheet.|
|Queried||Yes||The transaction has been queried by the project manager, and requires to be updated before it can be included on any project invoices. Edit is allowed.|
|Locked||No||The transaction has been locked by the project manager in the project > transactions tab. Edit is not allowed.|
Timesheets entered across multiple days of the week
When a timesheet is entered across multiple days of the week, what edit options are allowed will vary based on the status for each of the transactions created for that row.
- Edit allowed - all fields on the timesheet row are unlocked and can be edited.
- Edit disabled - then hours can be added to extra days of the week where 'locked' transactions don't already exist. The other fields on the transaction row cannot be changed (e.g. project details, note, and number of hours on invoiced days cannot be changed).
One timesheet row has been entered with 2 hours for Monday and 3 hours for Tuesday.
Synergy creates a separate transaction in the project for each day of the week entered on the timesheet line - one for Monday and another for Tuesday.
The project manager has invoiced the transaction on Monday for 2 hours.
When the staff member tries to amend the timesheet transaction, they can update:
- The number hours on Tuesday.
- Add hours to the other days of the week - Wednesday to Sunday.
Edit is not allowed for the timesheet note, project, stage, task, or rate.
If a timesheet needed to be entered for Wednesday in the above scenario with a different note for example, the user would need to add an extra timesheet row to the list.
If a project is marked as unsuccessful, it also not possible to register hours on it.