Update your organization subscription by increasing the number of users, or the total storage allowed. View the payment details, update the credit card to be used for the next renewal payment, and print or save copies of previous invoices payments.
|Setup required before use||Who can use it?||Where is it?|
|Settings > Organization > Subscription|
Tip: Learn about the different features in the Synergy Professional and Business products using the feature matrix.
Why update your subscription?
Update the stored credit card details, or grant access to Synergy for extra staff members. Increase the storage allowance provided with your subscription to save more documents and files to Synergy projects, contacts, and staff.
Introducing the interface
Use the 'subscription details' panel to check the current subscription for your Synergy organization. The subscription details panel shows the:
- Product type - Professional, Business, or Enterprise.
- Next invoice date - the date your stored credit card will automatically be billed for the amount shown.
- Users or staff - the maximum number of staff records that can be added to your Synergy organization. The bar shows how many staff currently exist vs the number allowed for your account.
- Storage - the total storage allowance in GB available for your organization. The bar shows the total GB used vs the storage allowance available. Increase the storage allowance provided with your subscription to save more documents and files to Synergy projects, contacts, and staff.
Use this panel if you want to print an invoice for a subscription payment. The details shown here are:
- Subscription payment amount - the current subscription monthly value for your organization for the # of users and storage allowance.
- Subscription payment date - the date the amount will be drawn down from the listed credit card.
When Synergy cannot renew a subscription, this can be for different reasons - maybe a credit card is overdrawn, or a credit card has expired, the company will enter what is called the grace period.
The grace period goes for 15 days from the date the subscription ended. Following this date, users under this license will no longer be able to access Synergy. The organization data already in Synergy will still be stored and accessible once the subscription is renewed.
Only system administrators can see they are in the grace period from the Subscriptions page. The system administrators will also be notified by email that the credit card payment has failed and the subscription needs renewing.
If a payment is made during the grace period your subscription will be extended by one month from the expiry date and not from the payment date.
Synergy will attempt to charge your credit card with the existing credit card details once a day to make a payment for subscription renewal for the duration of the grace period. System administrators can update the credit card details at any time during the grace period to renew the subscription.
Scroll through the list under Subscription payments to view the most recent invoices. Or click More to see all previously issued invoices.
Click on 'Open invoice' The invoice opens and a print button is available in the top right corner.
- Use the print options on your device to save the invoice as a PDF file, or send it to your printer.
Add extra staff or increase your document / file storage allowance in the subscription area by:
Click Change product, users or storage.
- Product - switch between the Synergy product levels Professional, Business, or Enterprise. Changes to your subscription are immediate and the difference in the cost when upgrading is charged pro rata and is shown in the Due this month field. Refunds are not issued when downgrading..
- Staff - increase the number of staff that have access to Syngery in your organization. Changes to the number of licenses are immediate and the difference in cost is charged pro rata. The Due this month field shows the amount owing. The standard cost of each staff license per subscription type is listed below:
Professional: 10AUD per user
Business: 25AUD per user
Enterprise: 45AUD per user
- Purchase additional storage (GB) - add additional storage GB for you organization. Additional storage can be purchased at 5AUD per 10GB per month. Changes to storage allowance are applied immediately and charged pro rata. The Due this month field shows the amount owing. The standard amount of free storage you receive depends on your license type. These are defined below:
Professional: 2GB per user
Business: 5GB per user
Enterprise: 10GB per user
- Click Calculate to show the amount owing for any changes made for the current month and the total cost for next month.
- Click Next to confirm the changes to the subscription.
- Click Pay now to submit your payment.
- The payment confirmation screen is shown. Confirm the following details:
- Email address that the payment receipt should be sent.
- Check that the credit 'card number' shown is correct, and a valid expiry date is entered.
- Enter the CV code for the credit card.
- Check the box to save the credit card for future payments.
- Click the 'Pay Now' button and the payment will be processed.
Update the credit card used for subscription payments. This can be required when the previous credit card expires, or when a different credit card needs to be used for future payments. Update the credit card by:y:
- Click the Update credit card details button.
- Check your email address is correct. Make any changes from the staff list. Invoices will be sent to all system administrators and the product owner.
- Update the credit card number, expiry date, and CV code.
- Click the 'Save' button.
The account owner is the primary contact point at your organization for Synergy. The account owner has access to update the subscription payment information, and will be sent alerts when the subscription payment fails. Update the person listed as the account owner if that job role / position changes at your company by:
- Click Change account owner.
- Select the email address for the new account owner. The email addresses shown here are taken from the existing Synergy staff records for staff with system administrator access.
- Click Save.