Store files in Synergy and keep your documents in a centralized location which can be accessed from any device (pc, tablet, mobile phone). Save files to projects, contacts, and staff records to make the documents and images searchable within Synergy. Project files can be shared to the project portal to allow the external parties that make up the project team access to the same set of project files.
|Setup required before use||Who can use it?||Where is it?|
Assistant project manager
Assistant system administrator
What are Synergy Documents?
Store all the documents in Synergy in a centralized location to keep track of what information has been sent to the client about the project, staff about internal processes and forms, or contacts to track client statements and contact specific emails. Examples of documents are emails, images, proposals, invoices, statements, drawings, and other files (Word, Excel, PDF).
The style of documents is similar to Windows Explorer. This means if you select a folder in the left panel you will view the contents of the folder in the list. Search for a keyword to quickly find the file you require inside a project, contact, or staff record. Export files from Synergy to send via email, lock a file so it cannot be updated, or edit a file on your device and then check-in a new file version back to Synergy. Project files can also be shared to the portal area for your project contacts to have access to the same set of files.
Why use Synergy Documents?
Keep all the information for a project in a centralized location which can be accessed from any device.
Saving files to Synergy
- Store your documents in Synergy attached to the record they relate to: the Project, Contact, or Staff record.
- Save any type of file into Synergy that needs to be reviewed by the team, for example try saving emails, Word documents, Excelworkbooks, PDF files, images, photos, drawing files, and more.
- Default folder structures can be configured to provide a standard set of folders for your team to store files, and your team can add extra custom folder when required to this default folder structure.
Access files from any device with a browser
- Files saves to Synergy are stored in a secure cloud area that is accessed by your team using a web browser.
- Your staff can access the files stored in Synergy from any device with a web browser: PC, laptop, tablet, mobile phone.
- The files can be accessed by staff in your Synergy organization if they have the correct permission or access level to open the folder in the project, contact, or staff record. Selected files or folders can be made secure to only be visible to a higher access level e.g. Director access level or above.
Create new file versions
- Store multiple versions or revisions of a file in Synergy.
- Check-out the file when you are planning to update it on your device, and the file is locked so it cannot be updated by another other staff.
- Download a copy of the file to your computer or device, and update the file as required.
- Upload the new file version to Synergy once all changes have been completed, and check-in this file to Synergy and other team members can view your changes.
- Rollback to a previous file version, if a file was updated by mistake and the old version should be used as the current version again.
Exporting files from Synergy
- Files saved to Synergy can be downloaded to your PC, tablet, or phone. Staff in your organization can download files within a project, contact, or staff record.
- Files can be sent via email to any of your Synergy contacts or internal staff members.
- Project documents have an additional feature available that let you share the documents to the project portal. Documents shared to the portal are available the selected members of the project team (external contacts or internal staff) if they have been granted portal access on the project contact tab.