View the existing staff records in Synergy, who each staff member reports to and what security access level they have in Synergy. Create new staff records, and learn more about what actions are available in the staff list.
Why use the staff list?
Setup staff that are part of your organization, and define which features each staff member using the security access levels. Enter the salary remuneration details for the staff member for use in the profitability reporting features in Synergy.
Setup a staff record to allow login access to your Synergy organization. A login is required for the staff member to be able to enter timesheets. Staff records require cost or salary details to be entered for use with the project profitability reporting.
Setup the staff account by:
- Click Add.
- Type the first and last name of the staff member.
- Select a security access level.
- Choose who the staff member reports to.
- Type the email address that the staff members Synergy login invitation will be sent to.
- (Optional) Enter any other required staff information such as: job title, alternate phone numbers, social accounts, additional email addresses, and street and postal addresses.
- Calendar - Enter the required working hours per day for this staff member. This controls how many hours are expected to be entered in their timesheets per day.
- Select the start date to control from when the staff member can access your Synergy organization.
- Select staff type and costs. Learn more about these options in the staff costs topic.
- Choose the primary rate that this staff member will use for timesheet entry.
Click the row action button and select to open the staff record directly to the tab:
- Details - view and edit for the staff contact details and security access level.
- Rates - select additional rates for the staff member to use when entering timesheets.
- Cost - set the staff costs or salary / wage details. These costs are used when calculating project profitability.
- Calendar - set when the staff member works by selecting the days of the week, and number of working hours per day.
- Documents - upload any documents, images, or files that relate to this staff record.
- Notes - view any notes entered against the staff record, and open the notes to add comments about the note task.
- Audit - view who has updated this staff record, with a list of what changes were made and when the changes were saved.
Use the list views to alter which columns are shown in the list for staff records. Select the word 'default' in the top left corner to see the available views. The staff name is shown in all the views.
The standard views are:
- Default - the view shown staff list with the staff name, email address, job title, unique id, and security access level.
- Phones - the business phone, work phone, mobile phone numbers. Social account details for twitter, linked in and Skype.
- Emails - the work or personnel emails that have been entered on the staff record.
- Addresses - the work, postal home, or other address from the staff record.
- Tags - the tags that have been assigned to staff.
Use the search or filter options to limit the number of staff records shown in the list.
- Clicking the search button .
- Type a keyword into the search box.
- Click the search button to view the results.
- Return to seeing all items in the list by clicking the clear button in the search bar.
Tip: Learn more about searching using the global search.
Filter the list by selecting the search button . Use one or more of the filter options to restrict what data is shown in the list. Click the search button to apply the filter.
The filter options are:
- Access level - view all the staff with a specific access level: User, Assistant Project Manager, Project Manager, Director Access, System Administrator, or access Not Allowed.
- Salary type - view only staff that have a specific salary type. if using the Professional only the 'set cost' option is available. When using Business or Enterprise products additional options for casual, contractor, part time, salary, and wages are available.
- Tags - type one or more tags to search for staff records that contain that extra data as a tag.
- Active - by default only active staff records are shown. Use the inactive or all options to see terminated staff records which are set as not active.
Tip: Return to viewing all results by clicking the clear button in the search bar.
Make a staff record 'inactive' to stop the record showing in drop down lists in Synergy. Change a staff to be inactive as it cannot be deleted as it is already linked to projects, or time / expense transactions in Synergy.
- Go to: staff list and
- Select the check box(es) on the row left for each item you want to mark as inactive.
- Click the multiple rows action button and choose 'set as not active'.
- The list refreshes and the item(s) have been hidden from the default list view.
- Use the list filter 'all' to find both active and inactive staff.
- A strike-out style is applied to rows that are inactive.
If you select to make the staff record as 'inactive' in staff list, then the record will have an 'end date' of yesterday's date entered. This will terminate the staff record and stop it from being used in Synergy today.
- NameThe first and last name of the staff member. These are mandatory fields.
- Primary emailThe primary email (1) entered against the staff record. This is their main work email address. This is a mandatory field.
- Job titleThe position or job title for the staff member at your organization.
- Reports toThe manager that the staff member reports to is shown.
- Primary rateThe primary or default rates for timesheet entry for the staff member.
- Unique IDThe unique ID number used as an optional field in the Accounting add-ons interface to send data to your accounting package.
- Start dateView the date that the staff member started working for your organization.
- SecurityThe access level given to the staff member that controls which functions they can use. To learn more about what functions each staff member can open, view the security matrix topic.
- PhoneThe main contact phone number to be used for the staff member.
- MobileThe mobile phone or cell phone number to be used for the staff member.
- WorkThe office main number or direct dial number for the staff member.
- OtherAny extra phone numbers stored against a staff record.
- TwitterThe twitter handle or user name that this staff member uses.
- Linked InThe linked in address for the staff members profile.
- Skype nameThe Skype user name that this staff member uses for making business calls.
- Emails 1 to 4All the email addresses entered against a staff record can be seen in the email view. Each staff record allows for up to four email addresses to be added.
- AddressesUse the addresses view to see the Work, Postal, Home, or Other address type entered for each staff member.
- TagsView the tags that have been entered against a staff member. Tags are extra data that can be entered against a record to make it easy to search for in a list, or in reports.
Tip: Click on a column heading to sort the list in ascending or descending order.