View all of invoices created for your organization. Invoices of all status options can be found in this list: draft, owing, paid, canceled, credited, or written off. Search for a invoice number, open existing invoices, or create a new invoice for an existing project.
|Setup required before use
|Who can use it?
|Where is it?
Assistant project manager*
Assistant system administrator
*Unable to finalize invoices.
What is the organization invoices list?
Use the organization invoices list to view all the invoices and credit notes that exist for the organization. Search the list for a particular invoice number, or filter the list to see all the 'owing' or 'draft' invoices across all the projects in Synergy. Open the invoice from the list to add invoice payments, save debtor notes, or raise credit notes.
List actions are available to modify the invoice or credit note numbers, or delete any draft invoices that are not required.
Switch between the invoice list views to see more details on the invoice values vs the amount owing, who to contact about invoice payments, and the number aging periods for an overdue invoices.
Create a new invoice document from within the all invoices list, to save time in navigating to the project invoices tab.
- Open invoices list.
- Click the 'add' button in the top right corner.
- A list of projects at active status is shown. Either scroll through the list to find the project that you want to add, or type part of the project name in the 'search' box and click the search button.
- Click a project row to start creating an invoice.
- Complete the rest of the steps required in the creating an invoice process.
Tip: To create a credit note document first open the invoice that the credit will be linked to.
Click on a row in the invoice list to open the invoice and view the details. More actions are available in an open invoice like:
- Share the invoice document to the portal or as a PDF attachment.
- Cancel, credit or write off an invoice
- Add an invoice payment
Tip: When debtor notes have been added an orange triangle is shown on the invoice row.
Use this option on either an invoice or a credit note document. Modify either the invoice / credit note number, or the date of the invoice / credit note document.
Modify the invoice or credit note by:
- Open the invoices list and locate the invoice or credit note you want to update.
- Click the row action button and choose the 'modify' option.
- Update on of the following details:
- Prefix - the current prefix applied is shown. Select an alternate prefix from the list if required.
- Number - the current number applied is shown. Type in a new number, or click the refresh button to select the next available number in the sequence for the prefix. Numbers are unique for the prefix selected, which means the same number and cannot be used on multiple entries for the same prefix.
- Date - the date currently applied to the invoice or credit note document is shown. Select an alternate date from the calendar if required.
- Save. The invoice list is refreshed showing the updated invoice or credit note document.
Tip: The number assigned to the invoice or credit note is unique. You can only apply a different number that has not been used on another invoice / credit.
Invoices that are still in 'draft' status or invoices that have been 'canceled' can be deleted if required by the System Administrator. When a canceled invoice is deleted, the linked cancel credit note is also deleted. Finalized invoices or credit notes cannot be deleted.
It can be useful to use this feature if you had to cancel an invoice that was created in error. You can then delete the invoice and linked cancel credit, and the invoice number can be re-used on the next invoice if required.
Delete an invoice by:
- Open invoices list.
- Check the box next to each invoice your want to delete.
- Select the multi update action button in the bottom left corner, and choose the 'delete' option.
- On the confirmation pop-up click the 'delete' button.
- The list refreshes and the invoice has been deleted.
Tip: Invoices that are deleted are tracked in the project audit.
Use the list views to alter which columns are shown within the invoices list. Select the word 'default' in the top left corner to see the other available list views. The invoice number and invoice date are shown in all the views. The other list views available are:
- Default - view a summary of the invoice value, along with any applied invoice payments, or credits.
- Invoice contacts - view the contacts that the invoice was sent to in this view. Click to see the details of the 'attention to' contact or the 'invoice contact'.
- Aged debtors - use this view to check the average payment days of the invoice, or the aged debt period for any owing invoices.
Tip: Try applying the status filter for 'owing' before using the 'aged debtors' list views.
Click on a column heading to sort the list in ascending or descending order. Sorting can be completed on one column at a time.
When a large number of invoices exist then use the search to quickly find the invoice number. Search for an invoice number by:
- Click the search button
- Type the invoice number into the search box and click the 'search' button enter to run the search.
- The list is updated to show invoices with the invoice number.
- To return to seeing all items in the list click the clear button in the search bar.
Tip: Learn more about searching with the global search.
Filter the list by selecting the search button. The filter options are:
- Status types - by default all the invoices and credit notes are shown in the list. Use the filter to switch to viewing invoices of a certain type: draft, owing, paid, canceled, credited, written off.
Tip: Return to the default view by choosing the clear button in the search bar.
- Number The number of the finalized invoice or credit note is shown. If the invoice has not yet been finalized then 'DRAFT' is shown. Credit note drafts are assigned a number when they are saved, and can be found using the status filter / column.
- Invoice date the date that the invoice is generated to be sent to the client. Or if this is a credit note, then this is the date of the credit note document.
- Project the name of the project that the invoice was created for. Click the project name to open the project details tab.
- Contact the contact that the invoice was sent to is shown. Click the contact name to view the contact details.
- Status use the status column to view the type of invoice or credit that is shown on that row. The status options are draft, owing, paid, canceled, credited, written off.
- Due date view the date the owing amount of the invoice is due for payment. For credit notes this is the same as the credit note date.
- Total (ex tax) the total value of the invoice excluding any taxes. This is the original value of the invoice, prior to any adjustments.
- Credits and write offs (inc tax) the total value of any credit notes raised for the invoice to date. This includes all credit note types: cancel, credit, and write-off's.
- Adjusted (ex tax) the total value of the invoice less credits excluding any taxes.
- Adjusted (inc tax) the total value of the invoice less credits including any taxes.
- Payments (inc tax) the total value of any payments entered for the invoice to date.
- Owing (inc tax) the value owing or outstanding that the client still needs to pay for this invoice. This is the invoice value less any payments and less any credit notes.
- Attn contact name switch to the 'invoice contacts' list view to see the name of the contact that was in the 'attention to' field of the invoice. Click the contact name to open the record and view the details.
- Invoice company name switch to the 'invoice contacts' list view to see the company name of the contact that was in the 'contact' field of the invoice. Click the invoice company contact to open the record and view the details.
- Attn to contact phone switch to the 'invoice contacts' list view to see the phone number of the client contact that the invoice was sent to is shown. Click the phone number to call the contact on your device.
- Attn to contact email switch to the 'invoice contacts' list view to email address for the contact that was in the attention to field of the invoice. Click the email address to create a new email message to the contact on your device.
- Invoice payment days switch to the 'aged debtor' view to see the number of days that it took the contact to pay the invoice owing value in full. This column is blank for any invoice that is not marked as paid status. Try filtering the list to only see paid items.
- Aged debtor switch to the 'aged debtor' view to see the aged debtor band that any of the owing invoices currently fall into. The aged debtor groups are setup in the configuration area by your System Administrator. Try filtering the list to see any 'owing' status invoices. For non owing invoices this column is blank.
- Click the 'project name' or the 'contact name' to open the record an view the details. Click into any of the other columns to open the invoice and view the details.
- When debtor notes have been added an orange triangle is shown on the invoice row.