Details about each panel shown on the Synergy dashboard, along with the security matrix applied to control which panels are displayed to each staff access level.
What is the dashboard?
When you first open a Synergy organization the dashboard is shown by default. The dashboard contains a set of panels to give you a quick snapshot of how the organization is performing, and provide you with quick access points to tasks that you commonly complete. Read the overview below that explains how each of the dashboard panels works, and what data is required to get the panel or report to populate.
The panels available on the dashboard vary based on your staff access level. Check-out the security matrix below to see what details are available for each staff access level.
Why use the dashboard?
Quick access to common Synergy tasks, and view snapshot reports of how the organization is performing.
Below is a list of organization dashboard panels available, along with the required staff security access levels needed to see the panels on your organization dashboard.
|Monthly invoice totals||Y||Y|
|Hours by project||Y||Y||Y|
Each dashboard panel has different actions available or details shown. Click the dashboard panel below that you want to find out more about, including what data is required to be entered into Synergy to get your organizations details to be shown in the report or graph or panel details.
- Getting started: When starting a new Synergy organization this panel is shown to remind you to complete all the steps in the getting started guide. If these steps have been completed you can click the 'X' in the top right corner to dismiss this panel. Turn the getting started reminder back on again using the organization configuration settings.
- Tasks due: See a list of the project tasks that you have been 'assigned to' along with the task due date. Tasks are added in the project work breakdown structure. When you start working on the task, click the start timer button to track the number of minutes of work you compete for that project task. Remember to stop the timer once you finish working on this item. Stopped timers can then be added into your weekly timesheets. Use the filter in the top right of this panel to switch between seeing items that are due today, overdue, or all tasks.
- To-dos: See a list of the to-dos that have been assigned to you to complete with the due date. To-dos are tasks that are added to notes. Notes can be created with to-dos on the dashboard, or in contacts, invoices, projects and stages. Learn more about notes.
- Recent projects: A list of the recent projects that you have viewed are shown. Click on a project row to open the project and view the details tab. The details listed are the project number, project name, and the project status. Learn more about creating projects.
- Aged WIP: The work that has been completed to-date but not yet been invoiced to your clients is known as WIP (work in progress). The WIP transactions are grouped into the aging periods, to help you see at a glance the percentage of chargeable work for each aged period that could potentially be overdue for invoicing. Aging periods and the colors shown for each period can be customized in the organization configuration options. Use the toggle in the top left corner to switch between seeing the report for 'all projects' or 'my projects'.
- Aged debtors: Use the aged debtors panel to view a breakdown of all the unpaid invoices in Synergy, grouped by the aging periods that reflect the number of days the invoice payment is overdue. Aging periods can be customized for the number of days, if the aging is calculated from the invoice date or the due date of the invoice, and the colors shown for each period. Update these details in the organization configuration options. Use the toggle in the top left corner to switch between seeing the report for 'all projects' or 'my projects'.
- Project profit view the project profit for each month. The dollar value for the profit is shown based off the invoiced values for each month. Directors and above can filter to show only their projects or all projects.
- Transaction markup: Directors and above can view the total value invoiced for all the projects in the organization for the month (or filter to their projects), and compare this to the chargeable value from the entered transactions for the same period. More details about what invoiced and chargeable values are is outlined in the project financials reporting topic. Use the filter in the top right to switch between seeing the dollar values, to the percentage. The percentage view show the what percentage of the chargeable work was invoiced.
- Recent contacts view the most recently contact records that you opened in Synergy. Click on the contact name to open the record and view the contact details. Click on the phone button to call the contact on your device, or the email button to send the contact an email in your default email client. The email and phone buttons are only shown when those details have been entered against the contact personnel or individual record. Learn more about creating contacts.
- Utilization view your utilization summary for each month based on your timesheet entries for billable project tasks. There is a comparison available to let you see your team's average for each month to let you see if you are on track. The team refers to all staff at the organization. View more details in your timesheets reports page.
- Monthly invoice totals Project managers and assistant project managers will see a snapshot of the invoice totals for each month for projects they are responsible for. Click on the month in the chart to see the monthly invoice total. Learn more about creating project invoices. Directors and above can filter to show only 'My projects'.
- Recent chats view the recent chats that you have been included as a member of from your project portals. The list shows the chats with the most recently added chat comments or replies. Learn more about project portals.
- Missing timesheets view each days of the month and if you have entered the required number of hours in your staff timesheets. Each staff record is setup with a number of working hours expected per day, which is used to calculate the missing timesheets alert. If the day is showing as missing time, then the day is shown in red as not enough hours have been entered as yet. The day is shown in green if the daily required number of hours has been entered. If expenses have been entered against a day in the cash or travel expenses tabs, then a red dot is shown against that day. Hover over the day in the calendar, and see the entered number of hours and dollar value of the entered expenses. If the week of timesheets has been marked as 'completed' in the missing timesheets area by the manager, then this will be shown in orange to reflect that the week was skipped. Click on date in the calendar to open the timesheets. Learn more about entering timesheets.
- Hours by project use this report to view the total hours your have entered against each project in a pie chart view. This filter 'my hours' shows your entered timesheet project breakdown, and the date period can be adjusted using the week / month / year filter. Switch to 'my staff' to view the total hours your team have entered against each project for the same date periods. The 'my staff' option does not include your entered time. Click on a segment in the pie chart to view the number of hours entered in the timesheets and what this represents as a percentage of the total work for the period. More details on this can be found in the timesheet reports area.
- Staff members view the profile picture or gravatar image for each staff member that works at your organization. The people must be created as a staff member in Synergy before their profile picture / gravatar picture is shown in this panel. Click the staff member's picture to view the full staff details. Learn more about creating staff records.
- Notes Click the 'add' button to create a new note to remind your yourself of details of a phone call or a follow up task. The note title and the date the note was created are shown. Click on a note row to open the full note details. Notes entered in this dashboard panel can only be viewed by you, not any other staff in your organization. Click the '...' button to open the note or to archive the note when you have finished the task.
- The order of the panels and if they are shown has been configured by Synergy. This cannot be customized.
- The filter option of 'my project' refers to all projects where you are listed as the project manager.