Contact folder templates
Create a list of folders that will be created with each contact record for use in the contact document library and image gallery. The contact folders are used to store documentation, drawings, emails, and images.
|Setup required before use||Who can use it?||Where is it?|
|Settings > Templates > Contact folders|
What are contact folders?
Folder templates allow you to setup the default contact folder structure that will be automatically created for each new contact record. The folder structure created can include several levels (can include sub folders). The structure creates is used in the contact documents and image gallery areas for storing documents and images in a centralized location.
Update the folder structure using the add or remove folder buttons in the toolbar, and this new folders will be included in any new records that are created in the future. Drag and drop folders to their required locations, or delete folders no longer required.
Why use contact folders?
Setup the default folder structure for storing contact documents, files, emails, and images.
Add a new folder to the template by:
- Click the 'add' button in the top right corner.
- Type the folder name.
- Leave the 'parent folder' blank if this will be at the top level, or select a folder if this should be a sub folder.
- Add extra folders as required either by using the 'add' button again, or by clicking the row action button and choose 'add sub folder' option.
- Click the drag button to move the folder by drag and drop to a different location in the list.
Remove a folder from the template and it won't be added to any new records. If the folder has already been used, then removing it from the template does not remove the folder from the document or image libraries. Delete a folder stops it from being included in document libraries for future records.
Delete a folder by:
- Find the folder in the folder templates list.
- Select the row action button on the right > choose the 'delete' option.
- Click 'delete' on the confirmation window.
- The selected folder has been deleted. Repeat for each other folder item that is not required.
Tip: You cannot delete a folder if there are any linked sub folders. Delete or move the sub folders and try again.
Change the name of an existing folder in the template by:
- Click the row action button on the folder row you want to update.
- Delete the existing name, and type the new name for the folder.
- Save and close.
- Add folders to either the top level or add sub folders.
- Project folders are created once in each project (not repeated for each stage).
- Folders are displayed in alphabetical order in Synergy. If you require a different order try numbering the folders 01, 02, 03 etc to force the folders to be shown in a set sequence.
- Folders are created automatically with each new project, contact or staff record in Synergy based on the matching template.
- If the folder structure is changed this can be applied as required within the open record using the rebuild folder option. This process will only add the missing folders to the structure, it does not delete any of the existing folders.
- If no folder structure exists in the template then folders can be created manually added when required within the record instead using the 'Add folder' button.
- Folder name The name of the folder is shown. Folders will appear in alphabetical order. Try prefixing the folders with 01, 02, 03 etc to force the folders to appear in the numbered order instead or an alphabetical order.
Tip: Click the edit button on the right to change any of the details for that folder.