Project images tab
View the image files stored in the project folders in an image gallery view. Upload extra images, tag images with locations or extra details, and share images with the team listed on the project contacts tab.
What is the project images tab?
A gallery view of all the image files uploaded to a project. Project images can be any image file that was attached to an email sent to you about the project, or photos that were taken when you visited the project site location, photos from site inspections, images of drawings and designs, scanned copies of documents sent to you about the project saved as an image, and much more. Upload extra images to the project in the gallery view with the image file types of .png .jpg .jpeg .bmp .gif.
Use the view options to change the size of the images shown in the gallery view, select to see only the images in a selected project folder, or click on an image to open the single image view to download the image or rotate the selected image file.
Add bulk tag to the images to make the images easier to search for using the tag information like project site location, client, contact, image source etc.
Share multiple images into the project portal so that the project team has access to the latest set of files. Images can be shared with any of the contacts listed on the project contacts tab.
Why use the project images tab?
See the images saved for this project in all the sub folders for this project in a gallery view.
Add new images to the gallery by:
- Click the 'upload' button in the top right corner.
- Drag and drop the files onto the page, or click the 'add files' button and select the files using the network explorer pop-up shown.
- Select the folder 'path' where the image files should be saved.
- Click the 'upload' button in the top right to start the image upload processing.
- Once complete you are automatically returned to the image gallery view. The 'generating thumbnail' text is shown in place of the new items, until the re-build thumbnail images automatic job is run in the background.
Tip: Use the Documents tab to upload files (including images) to a specific folder, or to upload and create a new image file version.
After new images are added to the image gallery view a thumbnail (small image view) is created by a background process. This background process is run every minute and automatically updates the images.
If you want to update your thumbnail images straight away then click the action button and select 're-generate all images' from the list. This will start the re-build process for the thumbnail images, and if you refresh the web page a few moments later the updated images are shown.
An image file can only be deleted if it has not been shared with any project contacts. Delete an image by:
- Choose if you want to delete one image or multiple images
- Single image - Click the image in the gallery to open the single image view, then click the action button and select 'delete'. Click 'delete' on the confirmation pop-up and the image is removed.
- Multiple images - Select the check box(es) on each image in the gallery that you want to delete. Then click the multiple images action button and choose 'delete'. Click 'delete' on the confirmation pop-up and all the selected images are removed.
- The image gallery refreshes and the image(s) have been deleted.
Share multiple images with other contacts to allow them to access the files in the Project Portal. The people that you can share images are restricted to the contacts or staff listed on the project contacts tab. One or multiple images can be selected to shared with your project team. The current (most recent) version of the image file is shared to the selected contacts.
Share images by:
- Choose if you want to share one image or multiple images
- Single image - Click the image in the gallery to open the single image view, then click the action button and select 'share'.
- Multiple images - Select the check box(es) on each image in the gallery that you want to share. Then click the multiple images action button and choose 'share'.
- In the image gallery a share panel is now shown. Click the 'Share' button once all the required images have been added to the share.
- Type part of the contact name into the 'share with' box. e.g. type 'anne' to find Anne Bancroft as either a contact personnel record or a Synergy staff record. Or type 'abc' to find the email address for the company 'ABC Constructions'.
- Repeat entering the contact names into 'share with' until all the required people are shown.
- Type a message to be included in the image sharing email sent to all the people.
- Click the 'Share' button to save the share and send the email.
Add tags to image file to make it easier to search for files. Multiple tags can be added to an image file when they are entered as comma separated, or the enter key is pressed after each tag has been typed. e.g. Tag 1 is beach, and tag 2 is Hawaii - where you would type beach, hawaii, to get two tags on the image(s).
Add a tag to image(s) by:
- Choose if you want to tag one image or multiple images
- Single image - Click the image in the gallery to open the single image view. Type the tags required into the 'tags' box shown under the image.
- Multiple images - Select the check box(es) on each image in the gallery that you want to tag. Then click the multiple images action button and choose 'add bulk tags'. On the pop-up window type into the 'tags' box the required tags to be comma separated.
- Click Save.
Choose the default project images to show in the read only view using the add to the dashboard option. The dashboard items will be shown on the image carousel that is shown on the project > details tab (read only view).
Add images to the dashboard by:
- Select the check box(es) on each image in the gallery that you want to add to the image carousel for the project.
- Click the multiple images action button and choose 'add to dashboard'.
- When you next return to the Project > Details tab dashboard the image(s) are shown in the dashboard carousel viewer.
Tip: Images are removed from the dashboard in the open single image view. Click the action button and choose 'remove from dashboard'.
- Go to last - only shown on the first image
- Go to first - only shown on the last image
Toggle the image versions
Open the image and use the 'versions' drop down to select which version of the file to view. The image defaults to displaying the current file version. Use the edit option below to roll back to a previous image version when required.
Rotate the image
When pictures are taken from a cell phone they can appear upside down in some cases when uploaded to the document library. Use the rotate images options to fix the view.
- Rotate left - Rotates the image left by 90 degrees.
- Rotate right - Rotate the image right by 90 degrees.
Click the rotate button twice to flip the image by 180 degrees.
Save a copy of the image to your device by
- Select the actions button.
- Choose the 'download' option.
- The open image is downloaded to the 'downloads' folder you on your device.
Change the folder location of the image file, or alter the version that is saved for the image using the document edit window. Click the actions button and select 'edit'
Refer to the topic for project documents for more details on the edit options.
When a large number of images exist use the search or filter options to limit the number of items shown.
Type a keyword into the 'search' box and click the search button. e.g. search for all images of '.png' type, or look for all images that have 'section' in the file name. Use the clear button in the search bar to return to seeing all the images.
Tip: Learn more about searching with the global search.
After clicking the search button the following other sorting and filtering options are available:
Image thumbnail size
- Small - Small image thumbnails to fit more items on each page row.
- Medium - Medium image thumbnails to better see the image, but still fit a many items on each page row.
- Large - Large image thumbnails to best see the image content, without having to open each image separately to see the details in the edit box.
Click in the box with the text 'Name (ascending)' to find the following sorting options:
- Name - ascending or descending order - Toggle between seeing the images in A to Z (ascending) or in Z to A (descending) order. The order is based on the file name of the image in the document library. Name ascending order is the default view.
- Date - newest or oldest - Select to see at the top of the tab all the most recently added images, or the first images uploaded.
- Size - smallest or largest - Images are sorted based on their file size, to make it easier to locate the images of a small size that can be attached to an email. For the larger sized images consider using the share feature to send them to other people.
Change which items are shown using one of these filter options:
- Start date and end date - This is filtering on the modified date of the image. Select a date range from the calendar to only see the images added or updated between the selected start and end dates. e.g. Find all the images added or updated this month.
- Tags - Type part of a tag name, and a list of entered tags in Synergy containing the keyword are shown. Select the tag from the list and it's shown in green in the tags box. Press enter to see all images with that tag applied. If multiple tags are entered, the search is run as a OR search, meaning it finds all images that have tag 1 and all images that have tag 2.
- Folders - Select a folder from the drop down list to see all the images in that folder. The results will show all the images in the selected folder, and the images in the linked sub folders.
- Comments - Use this option to find all of the project images that have had comments added in the project portal, or within the project images tab. Click on a image to open the file in a preview mode and reply to any relevant comments that have been added.
Tip: Return to the default view by choosing the clear button in the search bar.