The portal contacts page shows a list of the people who make up the project team. The project team is made up of internal staff at the organization, and external contacts that are staff at companies or suppliers that you deal with.
Why use the portal contacts
Use the contacts page to keep the portal up to date with anyone who is on the project team including external stakeholders.
Things you can do:
- Click the Add contacts button.
- In the dialog, type the name of the contact. If the contact does not exist yet, you can add a new contact from this dialog.
- If additional personnel exist within this contact, add them here.
- Select their role, so you can identify them easily. This is their role on this project and not their role in their company.
- Tick the required options:
- Is invoice contact - who the project invoices should be addressed to in the 'attention to' fields and mailed to by default.
- Is primary - the main person to contact about project. Normally the client, or the person that makes project decisions.
- Is care of - a third party that the invoice should be emailed or posted to.
- Portal access - chat with the project team (external contacts and internal staff) about project tasks, and share the project documents with the selected project contacts in the Synergy project portal. Choose which contacts have full portal access , or which have restricted portal access.
Note: External contacts cannot see who else is on the project.
- Click the Add staff button.
- In the dialog, type the name of the staff member. You will need to have added the staff Organisation > Staff pages previously – this is because of licensing.
- Select their role, so you can identify them easily. This is their role on this project and not their role in your organisation.
- If this contact is the new primary contact, check the Is primary box.
Note: Staff will always have full portal access.
A project can have lots of contacts but not all of them need access to the portal. By default, project contacts do not have access to the portal. You need to explicitly give them access to the portal.
- Check the ‘Enabled’ box in the contact’s row, to give them portal access.
- Click the Save button to apply the changes.
When you click on a hyperlink in the Personnel column, this will open a business card where you can see all the information you have stored for this contact. Clicking on a hyperlink in the business card, will prompt you to choose an app to open on your device.
Under the menu option you will see a filter for which contacts you want displayed. Useful when you are working on a large project.