Create a Word document that outlines the proposal project details, and project or stage level agreed fees. For Synergy Business and Enterprise product the budget details can also be shown. Proposal documents are created for projects at proposal or active status.
Tip: Learn more about setting a proposal document template.
What is a proposal document?
Create a proposal document to send a summary of the project details to the prospective client. In the proposal template you can select what project overview details are shown, along with the project or stage level fee breakdown, and the for Business and Enterprise clients the budget breakdown details can also be shown. A proposal document is created when the project or stage(s) are at proposal or active status.
Re-create the proposal document to update the bookmarks in the proposal document, and keep the existing updated text around the bookmarks. E.g. Use this is to update the schedule of fees showing in the fee proposal, after you have altered the fees in the work breakdown structure without having to create the entire document again from scratch.
Why use a proposal document?
Send a quote that outlines all the parts of the project or job that are to be completed with the proposed fees for the prospective client.
Create a proposal document
- Open the project.
- Go to the documents tab of the project.
- Click the page actions button and select the 'create proposal document' option.
- The 'primary project contact' is selected by default in the address fields for the proposal.
If this is not the correct contact, then update proposal address by:
- To - The company or individual contact that the document will be addressed TO.
- Attention - The personnel or individual contact who the proposal should be shown in the 'attention to' bookmark in the proposal template.
- Address - Select which address to send the proposal letter to when sending by post.
- Dear - Which personnel or individual contact will be shown in the 'dear' bookmark in the proposal template.
- Select which 'word template' to use to create the proposal document.
- (Optional) Update the 'document name' to alter the file name that will be created for this proposal document.
- Use the 'stages table' to select which section of the project will appear on the proposal for the client.
- Select the box next to each stage to include on the proposal.
- (Optional) Check the box for each stage that you want to 'include budget' details for on the proposal document. *Budgets are only available in the Synergy Business and Enterprise products.
- Click the 'generate' fee proposal button.
- A orange banner is shown at the top of the page to show that the document is being created. Once the file exists it is shown in the 'document' panel at the top of the page. Click the document name shown in green / teal color to download the proposal document.
- Click 'cancel' to return to the document list.
- The created proposal document is by default saved to the folder named '01 Proposal' in the project folder structure.
- (Optional) Update the proposal document if required.
- (Optional) Upload the updated file version of the proposal document, and share the file with the client using the Synergy project portal or via email.
Tip: Click the actions button to use the options to select all stages, or select all budgets, to control what is shown on the proposal document.
Use this feature to re-populate the Synergy bookmarks in the proposal Word document. The rest of the proposal document will not be changed, which means any added images, pictures, tables, text or formatting will remain in the proposal document. This feature is great to update the contact address if it was incorrect in initial proposal document, or to update the schedule of fees shown for each of the project stages if the fees were updated in the Synergy work breakdown.
Re-generate the fee proposal document by:
- Go to the project > documents tab.
- Locate the folder that contains the proposal document e.g. the default folder for proposal documents is '01 Proposal'.
- Click the row to open the document details page for the proposal document that you want to update.
- Click the actions button in the top right corner of the page, and select the 'regenerate proposal document' option.
- (Optional) Update the proposal document fields for addressing the proposal: to, attention, address, and dear.
- (Optional) Update the stages included in the fee breakdown table.
- Click the 'generate' button.
- An orange bar is shown at the top of the screen whilst the document is being regenerated. Once complete a green success banner is shown.
- Click the document name shown to download the updated proposal version.
Tip: The previous proposal document is still available as the previous file version. Find a list of the file versions in 'document history' section of the document details page.