You will find your contacts in the Organisation menu > Contacts.
In Synergy, there are three types of contacts.
- Companies - Business that you deal with for projects.
- Personnel - People that work at the companies.
- Individuals - People not linked to companies that you work with – independent contractors or
You need to assign contacts to projects so you know who to invoice.
The mandatory fields you will need to complete our company name, person title, person first name, the person last name, unique ID and type
1. Check what columns are in the Synergy data import sheet.
- Go to the Contacts sheet in the Contacts Excel file. The column names from Synergy are shown, to show you what you can copy from your external system using this Excel import.
It's important not to:
- Adjust the column names
- Adjust the order of the columns
2. Export your contacts from your other system.
- Use an excel export feature in your current system to get an excel style output with all your existing contact details. This could mean you export the contact details from your accounting system, MS Outlook, or another CRM software package.
3. Match your data to the Synergy Excel columns.
- Compare the data in your Excel file to the Synergy Excel template, and check which columns are optional and which you can leave blank.
4. Copy and paste your data into the Synergy Excel template
- Copy the data into the Synergy Excel template. Make sure that you keep the column headers intact and you do not reorder the columns.
Only copy data below the header section.
5. Double-check the data in the template.
- Make sure that all the contacts you want to import are listed, and that the data is showing up in the correct columns in the Synergy Excel template.
Check this data is correct in the Excel template:
- All contacts have a contact type listed.
- For Company type contacts a 'Company name' must be listed.
- For Individual type contacts a 'First name' and 'Last name' must be listed.
- For Personnel type contacts a 'Company name' and a 'First name' and 'Last name' must be listed.
- Company type contacts cannot have a first or last name listed on the company row. This would be an extra row for the personnel data.
- Personnel cannot be imported if the matching company row is not in this Excel template or already in Synergy.
- Multiple Tags and Roles can be entered. A comma separates the entries in these fields when this is required. e.g. Tag1, Tag2, Tag3.
- Roles can only be imported if they already exist in Synergy. Setup Roles in Settings > Contact lists > Roles.
6. Import the Excel template in Synergy.
- Login to Synergy and select the 'Data imports' option from the main menu. This option is also available in the getting started guide.
- Make sure the Contacts tab is selected.
- Click The 'Upload' option then select to 'add files' to select your completed Excel file.
- Browse to the location that you saved this completed Excel file, and select to open the file.
- The contacts import preview will then check your results, to let you review the data before it is imported.
- Skip any lines in the preview window that you don't want to import. Any lines that have an error are automatically skipped.
- Click the Import button to import all the non-skipped items. The contacts have now been created in Synergy.
Please sign in to leave a comment.