You can import the following data to streamline your introduction into Synergy.
- Stage names and stage fees
- Phase names (optional) to group stages together
- Stage invoice balance to date
- Stage costs to date
Six steps to importing financial information
Go to the Project financials sheet in the Excel file. The column names from Synergy are shown, to show you what you can copy from your external systems.
- Do not adjust the column names.
- Do not adjust the order of the columns.
Use an Excel export feature in your other system to get an excel style output with all your existing project financial details. This could mean you export the project financials from your accounting system or another software package.
Compare the data in your Excel file to the Synergy Excel template, and check which columns are required (blue columns) and which can be left blank (green columns).
- Copy the data into the Synergy Excel template, making sure that you keep the column headers intact.
- Only copy data below the header section.
Make sure that all the stages you want to import are listed, and that the data is showing up in the correct columns in the Synergy Excel template.
- The project name listed must already exist in Synergy.
- The tax code listed must exist in Synergy. Add extra tax codes in Settings > Financial > Tax codes.
- Ensure that the values entered for each stage are EX TAX values.
- Fee type options allowed are: Hourly rates, Capped Rates, Percent of Project, Fixed Fee, and No Billing.
- When the fee type of 'no billing' is entered you can include costs, but you cannot enter: fee, invoiced value, contract value, or contract %.
- When the fee type of 'hourly rates' is entered you can include the invoiced value and costs, but cannot enter: fee, contract value, or contract %.
- When the fee type of 'capped rates' or 'fixed fee' is entered you can include the fee, invoiced value, and costs, but cannot enter: contract value, or contract %.
- When the fee type of 'per cent of the project' is entered you can include the fee, invoiced value, costs, contract value, and contract %.
- When a fee value is required for a stage (based on fee type rules above) then the invoiced value cannot be greater than the fee value.
- Stage Status is a drop-down list field. Ensure that your options have been created in Synergy in Settings > Projects Lists > Project status before you import the data. If this is left blank then the project status will be used.
- Phases are optional. Phases are available only in Synergy Business and Enterprise products. Use phases to group stages together in the work breakdown and on invoices.
- Cost centres and Disciplines entered must exist in the Settings > Project lists. If left blank the default options set will be applied.
- * Rate groups entered must already exist in Settings > Financial > Rates. If left blank the 'Standard' rate group will be applied to the stage.
- Login to Synergy and select the 'Data imports' option from the main menu. This option is also available in the getting started guide.
- Make sure the Financials tab is selected.
- Click The 'Upload' option then select to 'add files' to select your completed Excel file.
- Browse to the location that you saved this completed Excel file, and select to upload the file.
- The invoices import preview will then check your results, to let you review the data before it is imported.
- Skip any lines in the preview window that you don't want to import. Any lines that have an error are automatically skipped.
- Click the Import button to import all the non-skipped items. The invoices and invoice payments have now been created in Synergy.