Search for a keyword in the many Synergy modules across all the organizations or project portals that you are currently linked to. Lookup a the keyword in Portals, Projects, Contacts, or Documents.
|Setup required before use||Who can use it?||Where is it?|
Assistant project manager
|Top toolbar > Search everything|
What is search everything?
Synergy search allows you to look for a keyword in :
- Multiple Synergy functions such as Projects, Portals, Contacts, and Documents.
- Search across all the organizations and portals linked to your profile.
- Use quick search in a specific function or list view.
Why use search everything?
Search for a keyword in multiple Synergy features, across multiple organizations and project portals.
Search actions available
Search for a keyword within Projects, Portals, Contacts, and Documents by:
- Locate the 'search everything' field in the top toolbar.
- Type part of a keyword e.g. rock for Bedrock.
- Click the search button or press the enter key to run the search.
- Search results list opens to display the results from multiple areas of Synergy.
- Uncheck the search result filters to refine the results shown.
Uncheck any of the search options to remove the results from the list. The search result filters are shown on the top right. The list automatically updates when the options are unchecked.
Search filters available are:
When searching in a Synergy feature, the following fields are included in the global Synergy search.
|Area||Searched areas or field names|
|Project||Project number, Project name, Project external name|
|Contacts||Contact company name, Contact first and last name (individual or personnel)|
|Portals||Organization name, Project external name|
When you have an organization or project portal open you can searching within the current open list view. This quick search looks for results in the open organization and feature only. Use the global search to lookup the keyword in all linked entities.
Search within an open list by:
- Click the search button (top right corner).
- The search and filtering panel is displayed.
- Type a keyword into the search box and click enter to run the search e.g. type 'MI' to look for Miss.
- The search results are displayed.
Tip: To clear the search results click the 'all' button in the search box and select the 'clear' option.