Using Synergy and navigating to the different sections is easy with the menu and toolbar options. Search for what you require using search everything, or using the search within a specific feature (e.g. look up a project name in the project list view). Click on a column heading to sort the data in ascending or descending order.
Watch the 'Using Synergy' introduction video
Synergy navigation options
Use the following menus and toolbars to navigate through Synergy. These menus and toolbars are available for all devices (PC, tablet, and mobile), and are context sensitive, to show you the sections available within the area you already have open in Synergy.
- Home button - Return back to the dashboard when you click the Synergy logo.
- Breadcrumbs menu - Click the top left menu where you see the organization name to switch between the Synergy features. Or click on the name of the sub section (project / contact) that you have open to find the other related pages. Find the pages or tabs that exist within the open feature.
- Stats menu - Shows stats relevant to your Synergy access level and the open feature. Click an stat to open the matching feature.
- Top toolbar - This toolbar in the top left corner of Synergy is always shown. Use this toolbar to:
Within a list and selected tab views you can customize what information is shown, by switching between the list views. This feature alters which columns are shown in the list. When the list views are available for the page, in the top left corner the list view options are shown. Click on the word 'default' to see the other list view options available.
The list view columns are defined by the Synergy team, and the columns available vary between each function or feature. Read more about the columns available in the help topic for that feature.
Find what you are looking for by searching for a keyword in multiple Synergy functions using the search everything, or using search and filtering options available in each of the list views within a specific function.
Search in any list view by:
- Click the search button.
- Typing a keyword into the search box and click enter to run the search.
- The list is updated to show projects that match the keyword.
- To return to seeing all items in the list click the clear button in the search bar.
Different filter options are available in each list view. Apply the filters by selecting an option from the drop-down list, and clicking the 'search' button to apply the filter. Filters can be used in the list along with searching for a keyword to further refine what results are shown.
Sort on one column at a time in any list or tab view. Click on a column heading to sort the data within that column in ascending order. Click the column heading again to sort in descending order. Click on the column heading a third time to remove the sorting.