You will first need to create an organization to begin adding projects and creating invoices for your company. If you just want to see what Synergy can do without having to add real data, we suggest you use the Sample Organization to save you time.
What are organizations?
Organizations are…. They are not different sites of the same organization, if you want to add different offices, you should use the Multi office feature.
- Staff are added to the organization for Synergy access. The staff security level defines what features they have access to use. Read more in the new staff guide for using Synergy.
Staff can be part of multiple offices if they work out of different offices for the same organization. An office is...
If you are not part of any organizations, you can still use Synergy to view any project portals that you have been invited to join, as a contact. Project portals allow you to chat with the project team, download shared documents, and submit documents back to the project manager for review. Read more in the new project portal invitation guide for using Synergy.
Why create an organization?
In Synergy, everything is linked back to the organization. Without the organization you will be unable to add projects, create invoices, or use the project portal.
Setup a new organization
Click on the Start free trial button on the totalsynergy.com homepage/.
Fill in your contact information or use one of the single-sign in options.
Choose your regional settings which will affect how Synergy is displayed.
Read the T&Cs and if you agree, check the box.
Click Next step to continue. You will not be allowed to continue if you have not agreed to the T&Cs.
Enter the name and phone number of your organization.
You can change the 'unique organization code' name selected for your Synergy organization. This web address is part of the URL for your Synergy account, for example: if you select ABCArchitects as your organization unique code, you would access Synergy by going to app.totalsynergy.com/ABCArchitects/projects. The field is not case sensitive and does not allow for spaces or special characters.
Select which Synergy product level you want to use with your trial account and fill in the number of staff who will be accessing Synergy.
Select the 'primary industry' that your organization works within. The industry is used to populate your Synergy organization with default data to help you get started.
Read the terms and conditions for the trial, and check the box to agree.
Check the 'I’m not a robot' box to prove you are a real person.
- Click the 'Start a free trial' button.
- The new organization has been created. You are now on the dashboard for your new organization. Follow the steps in the getting started guide to setup your Synergy organization.
Each Synergy trial allows you to have 30 days access to the application at no charge. Organization that are still in trial mode have a blue 'trial' indicator in the organizations list page. After the trial period expires, then a red box is shown as an expiry indicator against that organization.
From the organization list page, you can click the Trial button, the Expired button or the Subscription link to take you to the subscription page.
If you only have one organization the subscription expiry notice is shown automatically. Or open the start subscription page by:
- Click the left side menu button.
- Select 'organizations' from the list.
- Locate the organization in the list, and click the name to open the item.
- Click the 'start subscription' button on the subscription page, and follow these steps:
- Confirm the 'product level' for your paid subscription.
- Check the ' number of staff' match the number of internal users required for Synergy at your company.
- Add any additional GB of storage required to save your files, documents, and images.
- Review the total amount 'due this month' for the combination of a, b, and c selected.
Click the 'Calculate' button.
Click ‘Next’ to fill out your credit card information.
- Enter the credit card payment for the 'due this month' fee, and opt to save the credit card details to use automatically for future payments.
- Type your credit card number, expiry date, and CV code.
Review your purchase info in the Invoice details panel
- Click the 'pay now' button on the top-right of the page.
- The 'payment successful' page is shown with a printable copy of the payment receipt. Click the 'back' button after you have printed the receipt if required.
- Staff can continue to use Synergy and external contacts can access the project portals.
Tip: Use the subscription page to update the credit card details used for the monthly subscription payment.
Try out the features in Synergy without creating a 30-day trial. The sample organization contains data to let you try out each of the Synergy features. Examples for contacts, projects, staff, and invoices are included with the sample organization. The sample organization is kept for 30 days, and after the 30 day expiry the sample database is deleted. Re-set or re-create a new sample organization at any time to try out a new Synergy feature, or return to using the standard set of default data.
You can access the Sample organization from the organization list:
- Click on ‘Dashboard’ or on ‘Sample organization’ to access the pre-populated data.
- The sample organization opens and shows the expiry date in the top toolbar. This is the date that any entered sample data will be deleted.
- To return to the organization list, you can either click 'close sample organization' from the left-menu drop, or ‘close’ in the top gray banner in the top right corner.
- Click 'reset' in the top gray banner to delete any entered data in the sample organization, and return to using the default set of data provided with the sample organization.
- Click the 'sample organization' text shown in red next to the 'Add' button in the top right.