Track how much time you spend on project tasks using timers. Set the timer to run when you start a task, go to a meeting or visit a client's site. Use the timers to quickly enter your timesheets for project tasks and internal office tasks.
What are timers?
Timers help you track how long you spend on a task.
Why use timers?
Track the exact time spent on a project task, and add the timer details to your staff timesheets.
- In the header, click the timer button .
- In the 'add timer' window that opens, type a note to describe the task you are doing in the 'what are you working on?' field.
- (Optional) Select the project that you are working on for this task. You can also do this from the timesheets page.
- (Optional) If applicable, you can type the number of minutes you have already worked on this task.
- Click the start timer button.
Timers can be restarted if you continue the task later in the day, or repeat the task on a different date.
- In the header, click the timer button .
- Locate the timer in the 'Running timers' list and click the restart button for that entry.
If your task is not visible. Adjust the paused timers filter that will let you find the timer you want to delete. You can filter by the current week, the previous week or all entries.
After you have finished the task, add the timer to your staff timesheets. This can either be done by opening the timers list, or clicking the word timesheets in the row youwant to add. The timesheets option on the timer row is only shown if a project was selected for that timer.
You will then see the timed entry in the timers section of Timesheets. Click on the addition symbol to move it to the current week.
You can change the title describing the timed task, or the project that the timer is linked to.
- In the header navigation, click the timer button . The 'add timer' window that opens.
In the Running timers section, find the timed task you want to edit. Use the filter option if necessary.
In the ellipsis menu, click Edit details to change the description of the task or the project.
You can click on Edit times to manually change the recorded time you were working on the task.
- Repeat for any other timers you want to update or edit.
Tip: You can also edit the paused timer details when adding the paused timer to your timesheets.
Remove timers from the paused list if you have already added the timer to your timesheet, or if it was created by mistake.
- In the top toolbar click the timer button .
- In the 'add timer' window that opens, find the timed task you want to delete in the Running timers section. Use the filter option if necessary.
4. In the ellipsis menu, click delete for the entry you want deleted.
- Repeat for any other timers you want to remove from the timers list.
Tip: You can also delete timers from the paused list in the timers section of the timesheets page.
Use the filters in the paused timers panel to toggle which items are shown in the list. Options available are:
- This week
- Last week
- All time
- Note - what are you working onType a note to describe the task you are completing. This note will be added to the timesheet entry, when you add timers to your timesheets.
- ProjectUse this optional field to select which project this timer task relates to. This can be a billable project, or a non billable project. click into this drop down list and type part of the project name to quickly find the item you want to use for this timer.
- Start minutesType the number of minutes that you have already worked on the timed task. When you start the timer it will track all the additional minutes on top of the start minutes, to create the total time for the timer.
- Begin timer Click the start button to begin the timer. The timer button in the main Synergy toolbar will have a red dot that pulses whilst the timer is running.
- Pause timer Click the pause button to stop any timer in the running timers section. Find the timer and restart the timer again if you resume the same task again later in the day, or week.
- NoteThe note entered for the timer is shown. This note will be added to the timesheet that is created from the timer. Click the 'edit' button if you want to change the note.
- ProjectThe organization name and project name are shown if the project was selected when setting the timer. 'No project assigned' is shown if nothing was selected for this field when creating the timer. Click the 'edit' button if you want to change the project.
- Number of minutesThe total number of minutes that the timer ran for is shown. This is shown in hours and minutes format HH:mm. E.g. If the timer ran for 2.5 hours, then 2:50 is shown.
- Restart timer Click the play button to restart the paused timer. The time spent on the task is tracked against each 'date' the timer runs against. E.g. You run the timer for 30 minutes on Monday and Tuesday. When you go to add the timer to your timesheets, 30 minutes is available to add from the timer to each of these days.
- Add to timesheetsThis option is shown if a project has been selected against the timer. Click the word 'Timesheets' shown for the paused timer, to open the timesheets page and this timer to your timesheet.
- Edit timer Click the 'edit' button to change the timer note, or the project the timer is linked to. After making the changes click the save button to update the timer.
- Delete timer Remove a timer from the list of 'paused timers' that can be reused by using the 'delete' button. After using this button the timer will not be shown in the paused timers list, and will not be shown in the 'add to timesheets' section for timers.
Tip: Use the paused timers filter to restart timers from this week, last week, or all time.