Due to the 3rd party app that is used in Synergy to generate and preview documents, bookmarks are sometimes not displayed correctly.
In Word, go to File > Options > Advanced > Show document content > Check 'Show bookmarks'.
This option shows grey [ ] around the bookmarks that were populated by Synergy.
Use these grey [ ] as a guide to determine if your bookmarks have been formatted correctly.
Synergy bookmarks must be cut and pasted into the desired location. Do not copy and paste bookmarks.
If you see stray brackets around your document template, it is highly recommended that you delete the strays along with any broken bookmarks, then save the document. Upload then then download the template from Synergy again to get the new bookmarks populated at the bottom of the document.
If you are having any difficulties deleting a stray bracket or bookmark, try the following in Word:
- Use your mouse and highlight your bookmark
- Along the top of Microsoft Word, click the 'Insert' tab to open and find the 'links' section for the 'Bookmark' option
- Click to open, and a small 'Bookmark' window will appear.
- By default, the highlighted bookmark on the document will be highlighted in this window
- Check that the correct bookmark has been highlighted and click 'Delete' to remove. Then close the window
- When you return to your document, you will now notice that the grey [ ] brackets will be missing.