Send a credit note document to the client to show that the original invoice has been discounted. Options to get the credit note document to the client are to print and post the document, share the document to the project portal, or send as an email attachment.
Credit note documents are automatically created when the credit note is finalized or saved. The document is created using the default credit note template layout that is setup for the organisation. The finalized credit note has a MS Word and a PDF version automatically created for each version uploaded. Update the credit note document if you want to add any extra details.
Update the credit note document
If you want to add some extra custom text to the credit note document follow these steps:
- Open the credit note, and look for the document preview panel on the right.
- Click the '...' actions button and choose the 'Download the DOCX' option.
- The MS Word file (DOCX format) will now be in the 'Downloads folder' on your device.
- Open the credit note file in MS Word and make any required changes, and then save the file.
- Back in the Synergy credit note, select the '...' actions button and choose the 'Upload DOCX' option.
- Browse to the location of the saved MS Word document you updated, and upload the file.
After uploading the new credit note version the MS Word and PDF credit note versions in Synergy are automatically updated. The most recent version is always sent or shared with the clients. Previous versions can be downloaded from within Synergy if required.
Share or email the credit note document
When you share or email the credit note document the PDF file version is sent to the client.
- Share the file - The credit note will appear in the project portal. In the portal you can download the credit note PDF document, or chat with the team about the credit note.
- Email the file - Send the credit note PDF file as an email attachment.
- Both - Select to share the credit note to the portal, and also email the pdf file as an attachment.
Learn more about credit note documents.